uglyredhonda

2010 Us Tour

If a public Charlotte NYE show happens, that would be spectacular. I would have to seriously consider making the drive for that.

I'm hoping that the Nashville show comes together - seems that would be a much better draw than Memphis. But, alas, the Memphis venue added the show to their website today: http://www.hitonememphis.com/calendar.php?...&currY=2010

(Strange name for a venue - my brain keeps trying to interpret the url as "Hit One Memphis".)

Edited by uglyredhonda

so i'm making plans to go to that Pittsburgh show or Milville... whatever you guys said up there.

turns out the Leafs are playing on a sunday game in Pens town and Matt is playing on the monday. there are still leafs tickets available, will try to make a weekend out of it now. awesome times.

so i'm making plans to go to that Pittsburgh show or Milville... whatever you guys said up there.

turns out the Leafs are playing on a sunday game in Pens town and Matt is playing on the monday. there are still leafs tickets available, will try to make a weekend out of it now. awesome times.

Can I come? ;)

Seattle and Portland: http://ticketswest.rdln.com/Artist.aspx?evt=72625

(Oddly, they're offering a combo ticket for the two Seattle shows - I've never seen that before. Do a search for "matthew good" and it'll pop up.)

Memphis is 18+ (via their calendar page, info link for the show).

(I should probably just PM you this stuff.)

Scouting around, it looks like the Bowery Ballroom presale is an American Express thing, and the passwords are: INGOLD, AMEX or 8003272177. One thing I'm not sure about is whether you have to have an American Express to use it - probably worth trying it (if you don't) and see what happens.

Oh well... so have the two Seattle shows gone on sale yet?

It looks like they go on sale Wednesday 12/9 at 10am via TicketsWest.

Btw - if you want to go to both shows, they're offering a combo ticket for $50. (It's $30 for each show separately.)

Is the Amex deal just for the New York show??

I think so, but I say that only because it looks like AmEx has deals with specific venues. So it's not out of the question that one of the other venues might have a similar deal, but, at the moment, it looks like the Bowery Ballroom is the only venue on MG's tour that has that arrangement.

W00t SF date. Ironically at the only venue I've ever seen a show at in the city.

I'm kicking around the idea of going to the Hollywood show too... I'm a little of an old man to be driving 6 hours for a show. We'll see.

Im doing pittsburgh (mr smalls is a great venue for a show.) Buffalo (My hometown for my bday) and rochester (water st is a great venue as there isn't a bad place to stand in the whole venue to see the band) I remember last time Matt played Pittsburgh he played Jenni's song. Awesome show.

It looks like they go on sale Wednesday 12/9 at 10am via TicketsWest.

Btw - if you want to go to both shows, they're offering a combo ticket for $50. (It's $30 for each show separately.)

I think so, but I say that only because it looks like AmEx has deals with specific venues. So it's not out of the question that one of the other venues might have a similar deal, but, at the moment, it looks like the Bowery Ballroom is the only venue on MG's tour that has that arrangement.

Two dates for $50! I am soooo road tripping this one from Alberta!!

So much for Amex!!

Full band? Holy crap yes. Definitely in for Arlington, VA and maybe the show in Philly or NYE in Charlotte if I feel up to it. I'm a bit sad he didn't opt for 9:30 Club in DC as I love the venue and it would have been easier to drag my friends along, but given how tight the budget apparently is for this tour it may have been too pricey.

Regardless, I'm psyched. Not even Matt's pretty pessimistic "don't get too excited..." post earlier in this thread can't dull it. The mere possibility of finally getting to hear Giant live will keep me counting the days. One question though, are tickets to the Arlington show really only available the day of? That seems so strange to me...

EDIT: Nevermind. Just checked Iota Cafe's website and that's standard practice for them.

Edited by joeposh

Full band? Holy crap yes. Definitely in for Arlington, VA and maybe the show in Philly or NYE in Charlotte if I feel up to it. I'm a bit sad he didn't opt for 9:30 Club in DC as I love the venue and it would have been easier to drag my friends along, but given how tight the budget apparently is for this tour it may have been too pricey.

Regardless, I'm psyched. Not even Matt's pretty pessimistic "don't get too excited..." post earlier in this thread can't dull it. The mere possibility of finally getting to hear Giant live will keep me counting the days. One question though, are tickets to the Arlington show really only available the day of? That seems so strange to me...

EDIT: Nevermind. Just checked Iota Cafe's website and that's standard practice for them.

I went to the Iota show two years ago and there was plenty of room to move. He'd only get the 9:30 club to 1/20th of its capacity. I think this is a good fit... I'll definitely be there early as long as my wife doesn't give birth that day.

December 31 - Charlotte, NC - Whisky River (21+)

http://www.whiskyrivercharlotte.com/show_e...;y=2009&w=1

Tix: http://fullhouseconcerts.musictoday.com/Fu...74&outlet=9

My only hesitation on going is the designation "pre-show" (not sure how long that would be). Still sounds like it might be a fun way to bring in the new year.

Edited by uglyredhonda

I went to the Iota show two years ago and there was plenty of room to move. He'd only get the 9:30 club to 1/20th of its capacity. I think this is a good fit... I'll definitely be there early as long as my wife doesn't give birth that day.

Cool. I'm new to DC, so I didn't make it to the show on the acoustic tour. My buddy who was stationed at Quantico at the time went though and loved it, so I'm hoping it will translate well to full band as well.

It's excellent that this US tour has been announced: I'm happy for all the American fans who'll get a chance to see him and the band live ;)

Scanning over the tour, they'll really be covering a fair distance over the course of a month and a half! That Chicago show on March 24th is really tempting...

Cool. I'm new to DC, so I didn't make it to the show on the acoustic tour. My buddy who was stationed at Quantico at the time went though and loved it, so I'm hoping it will translate well to full band as well.

Is your buddy's name John? If so, I believe he spent the majority of the evening hanging out with my wife, my friend and I.

yep it's the same thing, Millvale is like 10 minutes from downtown. If you need any help with directions or suggestions on hotels, things to do outside of concert feel free to pm. The igloo is the oldest building in the league and while the E/F level are more like 2nd level at the ACC some of the seats are limited view. On the flip side D level is still pretty low and affordable.