uglyredhonda

2010 Us Tour

I got home last night still pretty drunk and then I go on Facebook and see a friend commenting on Matthew Good playing the Bowery Ballroom in New York.

So I drunkenly got out my credit card and bought 2 tickets to the show!

April is still a long ways off, but I'm definitely excited! I don't care about set lengths or anything. When I saw the acoustic show in NY in 2008 it was significantly shorter than when I saw him in Buffalo in 2007, but that was around the time he was sick and canceling shows. That was more than enough of an excuse, but I just didn't even care that the show was a bit shorter. It was still awesome to see Matt Good in my home town.

And considering that I've never seen him full bad this is double exciting!

I'm also glad he switched venues. The Highline Ballroom sucked pretty hard as a venue. Bowery Ballroom should be better and I think he played there a long time ago.

I got home last night still pretty drunk and then I go on Facebook and see a friend commenting on Matthew Good playing the Bowery Ballroom in New York.

So I drunkenly got out my credit card and bought 2 tickets to the show!

Are you implying you might not have bought those tickets if you weren't drunk? If so, then I'd have to advise you to drink more, since it improves your judgement! ;)

I really want to see the show at Bowery Ballroom but I have to leave at 1am to catch a train back to NJ. If the showtime is at 8 do you think the show will be over before then?

Without knowing the logistics of where you need to be, yeah. If he goes on at 930 he'd be done by 1100. And if he was to still be playing at 12 or 1230, I don't think anyone would want to miss that ;)

I am so pumped for this U.S. Tour for these two reasons....

1. He is playing two nights in Seattle, where I live now (I used to have to drive 3 hours from Syracuse to see him in Buffalo, or 4 hours to see him in Montreal and I saw him get put into an ambulance two hours before doors in Kingston a few years ago).

2. The Triple Door is one of my top five venues I've ever been to (well over 200 venues around North America).

Warning to those who are unfamiliar to the Triple Door however, it is a dining club atmosphere which would be great if he was playing solo, but I'm curious how that will translate for a full band tour. Everyone is taken to a dining table where you get a full drinks/food menu (though food is served early and they are pretty good about not being in the way) It's a classy throwback kind of club (picture the Ink & Paint club from the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"). So there is potential for it being a weird lack of energy from the audience.

In either case, I'll be there, and I don't have to deal with a long drive home for once, I can be out of the club and back in my house in less than 15 minutes!

Best musical Christmas Gift!

I've been living in SD for 5 years and the closest thing I got was an acoustic show in LA just before he got the flu and cancelled a couple years back.

I am definitely in on the Casbah (SD) and Troubadour (LA) shows, maybe even going to drive up to SF. This is worth it, especially with a full band....

The last time I was at a show like that was back home in Winnipeg for the Avalanche tour....

This made my day.

Full band? Holy crap yes. Definitely in for Arlington, VA and maybe the show in Philly or NYE in Charlotte if I feel up to it. I'm a bit sad he didn't opt for 9:30 Club in DC as I love the venue and it would have been easier to drag my friends along, but given how tight the budget apparently is for this tour it may have been too pricey.

Regardless, I'm psyched. Not even Matt's pretty pessimistic "don't get too excited..." post earlier in this thread can't dull it. The mere possibility of finally getting to hear Giant live will keep me counting the days. One question though, are tickets to the Arlington show really only available the day of? That seems so strange to me...

EDIT: Nevermind. Just checked Iota Cafe's website and that's standard practice for them.

I would have expected the 9:30 Club too, it's such a great venue. One of my favorite small clubs.

Not sure that this counts as a show, but there's apparently a "sound check party" 12/29 in a lead-up to the 12/31 show:

http://www.whiskyrivercharlotte.com/show_event2.php?id=183

I would have expected the 9:30 Club too, it's such a great venue. One of my favorite small clubs.

I think the 9:30 Club is just too big. It holds over 1000, and most of the venues on this tour are sub-500. Hopefully, these shows will do well and they'll be able to book bigger venues the next time around.

Anybody ever catch a show at the old 9:30 Club when it was over on F Street? Man, that place was sketchy.

I got my two tickets to the Bowery Ballroom in the mail yesterday. I don't think I've gotten tickets 4 months in advance of a show before.

I bought 2 tickets without actually knowing who I would take. I'll find somebody.

This will be my first Matt Good full band show. To this point I've only seen acoustic shows in Buffalo in 2007 and New York in 2008. I'm pretty sure the 2008 show I was at was just a bunch of Canadians with New Yorkers strewn about. It wasn't sold out. I hope that there will be more people at this show.

Water Street has two stages. There is a big stage that fits about 1200, and the smaller one (where I saw The Trews) holds about 500 tops maybe.

According to their website it says the capacity is 1010 standing (incl. balcony) at the Club at Water Street. Either way, I'm likely to make a trip stateside to catch the last show ;)