Who

Cold Harbour? (lights Of Endangered Species Megathread!)

I see the album is up for preorder on iTunes Canada, but I don't see any information of the release on iTunes US. Does anyone have this information? If not, would someone be willing to post a comment on Matt's blog for me?

He's said that the non-Canada pre-orders will come later. As I understand it, he's using a separate distributor (Cobraside) for non-Canada releases, so there's a delay. (He hasn't yet mentioned whether the non-Canada pre-orders will include the bonus track - the ones for Vancouver did not.)

I haven't listened to anything for this album... demos or album versions.

Can't wait for the new album, I want to hear it with fresh ears.

Now that's the way to do it. Not listening to anything but the single is cool enough, but not listening to any thing whatsoever is even better. I envy you for waiting to hear this whole album not having a clue what to expect. You're in for a treat I think, you may just be shocked by some of it.

It's hard to say. I'd say Mildred is the most interesting song on the album and I enjoy it a lot but I am not sure what is overall my favourite. It might be Shallow's Low, I LOVE the mid section in the demo, one of the nicest musical parts of MG to my ears.

He's said that the non-Canada pre-orders will come later. As I understand it, he's using a separate distributor (Cobraside) for non-Canada releases, so there's a delay. (He hasn't yet mentioned whether the non-Canada pre-orders will include the bonus track - the ones for Vancouver did not.)

Well, that's shitty. I may have to order the iTunes CA one then, and just your my parents address like I did for Live at Massey.

I just bought it on Maple Music. You know, I always liked to have the physical album...lately I've been downloading a lot more MP3 albums on Amazon but for Matt Good I'll spend the extra cash to have it shipped.

I usually do the same, I've purchased every album, save for his live album a couple years ago. However, I'd like the bonus track this time. Has anyone heard it? Is it good enough to rationalize the pre-order the iTunes CA?

Edited by matrix

I'm not gonna lie, the bonus track Darling in my opinion is the worst of all the stuff he's released during the process of this album. That may just be because it's an acoustic song and often times they bore me. It's not bad, just bland and dime a dozen to me. I wish he would have recorded the other demos for release as extras, they're far better.

Bimbly: I really don't know what album of his to compare this to. I'm sure there's some of his last couple records in it but I think there's also lots that is different. I dunno what to say right now. I look forward to seeing what you think it's most similar to when you hear it.

Edited by Manchalivin

It reminds me a bit of how I felt when I first listened to The Audio of Being. Here I was, listening to Loser Anthems for months and thinking "hey, this is a great little taste of what the next album is going to be like!" and then finally hearing AoB and going "that is not what I expected at all but it is still totally balls out awesome, cuz everyone knows having your balls out is awesome!"

There are definitely elements in LOES of everything he's done, even the History Teacher demos.

I'm not gonna lie, the bonus track Darling in my opinion is the worst of all the stuff he's released during the process of this album. That may just be because it's an acoustic song and often times they bore me. It's not bad, just bland and dime a dozen to me. I wish he would have recorded the other demos for release as extras, they're far better.

Bimbly: I really don't know what album of his to compare this to. I'm sure there's some of his last couple records in it but I think there's also lots that is different. I dunno what to say right now. I look forward to seeing what you think it's most similar to when you hear it.

Well, that helps my decision a lot. I was really torn on preordering from iTunes, and I guess I won't any more.

I don't say that! I say Itunes exclusive is nonsense. Just like Amazon exclusive is nonsense. If it's available by itself as a downloadable track that's fine, but if you can only purchase it by buying the mp3 album then that's what I really have a problem with. Reason being I want to physically own the album, have the bonus track download, and not have to pay again. I'll just wait and see how it works out.

Mehh... I buy both, but mainly because I don't live in Canada right now and can have instant delivery for the iTunes version.

I don't see why it bugs you though... I mean I could argue that it just makes up for the fact that the iTunes version doesn't get the liner notes. Each medium has to do what it can to add value.

Well I don't live in Canada either. I guess I just resigned myself to wait through the shipping process, which already cost $22 (standard shipping cost + album cost). I don't want to have to spend like $30 on 9 to 10 songs :\ Gotta pay the rent and all that jazz.

Edited by Gomo

I don't say that! I say Itunes exclusive is nonsense. Just like Amazon exclusive is nonsense. If it's available by itself as a downloadable track that's fine, but if you can only purchase it by buying the mp3 album then that's what I really have a problem with. Reason being I want to physically own the album, have the bonus track download, and not have to pay again. I'll just wait and see how it works out.

I've asked Matt a couple times on his site if Darling will be available to purchase on it's own when the album is released but as he is a busy man, no response.