Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

The only thing I wonder is if it will feel disjointed or if there is a common theme running through it that will surface a few times.

Yeah that's what I wonder too. The demos for LOES really intrigued me before the album came out and the album is full of good songs but now it just sounds kind of disjointed as an album to me.

Does anyone know if Matt used Garageband or some other program for Arrows of Desire and if/what he's using for this album?

Something Like A Storm is fantastic. I had to take a highway drive today and listened to it 3 or 4 times over the entire round trip in my rotation. It's really 4 or 5 separate themes or sections put together, but it all works great. I think my favourite parts are right near the end and also the stuff around the 7 minute mark.

I really hope this gets a great treatment and ends up on the album.

I'm a big fan of the...I'm gonna call it a movement...beginning at 9:12. The slow build with the acoustic and the progression of the boomy drums and the synths...into the big crunch guitars. Love that tone. It's so great. I wish the part beginning at 10:23 were extended somehow.

I really love the demo. Like I said earlier, I love long musical pieces and this would be a new departure for Matt. One definitely worth taking if he thinks he can pull it off.

I've listened to this a few times now and I think it's wonderful. The Explosions in the Sky comparisons are apt (and I know Matt will take that as a huge compliment), but unlike some of EitS longer songs (I'm looking at you "It's Natural to be Afraid"), Storm doesn't drag on or get bogged down - I find it really engaging all the way through.

I sure love the orchestra parts. I especially like the parts where the music is steadily going up a climax. It reminds me a lot of Born To Kill. I love it. Matt is really good at this. He should do movie soundtracks, like Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead..

He says he has deleted every single thing he's done, including Something Like a Storm. He did say it may survive in a different form, but shorter and with less stop-and-go. I am really glad I grabbed a copy of it, even if it's not 100% studio quality.

Unfortunately this probably means the next album will be pushed back a bit.

He says he has deleted every single thing he's done, including Something Like a Storm. He did say it may survive in a different form, but shorter and with less stop-and-go. I am really glad I grabbed a copy of it, even if it's not 100% studio quality.

Me too! I've been listening to Something Like a Storm on the walk to work everyday. It's perfect.

I'm just listening to Something Like a Storm now. I went through a phase about 6 years ago where I was listening to Explosions In The Sky pretty much every day, and I think the comparison is valid. I think I will add this song to my ever growing list of enjoyable MG b-sides and unreleased tracks.

I think it's interesting that he has decided to scrap everything and start over, and I completely understand the desire. I'm not a musician, just a lowly programmer, but sometimes things just feel messy, like it shouldn't be so complicated, and it would be easier and better to start over.