Ravenous itchy

What Did You Get For Christmas?

the store will sell them at MSRP for the first 90 days of the ski being released. this is a common agreement between dealer and manufacturer in virtually every retail setting. the reason being that the manufacturer wants to show value in their product by having all prices match when they release a product no matter what store its at. some manufacturer's (oakley, burton, graf, under armour) prohibit retailers from selling their product for anything less than MSRP to maintain value in their product and to prevent price wars. if a retailer is caught ad'ing their products for less than MSRP they can have their line pulled.

after the 90 days stores can sell it for whatever they want, and then after the product is deemed 'close-out' it is downcosted (the manufacturer gives the dealer a credit on their account for every ski unsold) and the retailer is allowed to sell the ski for a price that may very well be less than original booking cost.

every company pays the same money for every product in the long run, and the only reason why a specialty shop would cost more is because they carry higher-end skiis. that being said, most pro-shops have access to every ski produced by every manufacturer they carry. just maybe not in stock where-as a place like sport chek only has access to a limited variety of skiis, mostly low to mid end, and when they do get high end skis, they're at least 2 years older and on close-out.

its hard to find a decently knowledgeable salesperson at a place like sport chek because sport chek is a big box general retailer, and they dont care about hiring professionals. if you walk into a place like sporting life, chances are the people there have been skiing their whole life, have a passion for it, and actually know what they're talking about it. so in the long run, you may have bought the skiis that suit your needs on the hill, but you won't know for sure 'til you take them out.

Edited by one_trick_pony

Aye. You're telling me.

Either way, it certainly isn't a bad ski, and there's no reason why I a) won't be able to use them on moguls with proficiency (as I've been using hand-me-down skis all my life up until this point), or B) buy another pair of skis in the future for backcountry/powder purposes. I do plan on keeping these skis for quite a few years to come, though, as I've pretty much stopped growing and I'll be off to university next year.

For Christmas, my brother got way more than I did. I know I sound spoiled, but it made me feel really shitty. My parent's said that it was because I got money for Christmas, but he got the same amount as I did. And about tripple the amount of guifts. And his were more exspencive than mine. Christmas sucked, in a horribly superficial way.

I kinda want to choke him with a telephone cord in his sleep.

one christmas my sister got a 3 cd changer stereo, my brother got something hot for his car, like rims or a sub or something and i got a CUP AND MATCHING BOWL. your christmas rocked.

Playstation 2 thin, because I broke my boyfriend's and gave him mine. >_>;

We <3 Katamari

Some clothes and other stuff.

And also the right to order some Matt Good cd's! <3 Yay!

And a shirt that has a skull, and two spoons, that says "Cereal Killer" on it, that matches the one my Mom got my boyfriend. XD

the store will sell them at MSRP for the first 90 days of the ski being released. this is a common agreement between dealer and manufacturer in virtually every retail setting. the reason being that the manufacturer wants to show value in their product by having all prices match when they release a product no matter what store its at. some manufacturer's (oakley, burton, graf, under armour) prohibit retailers from selling their product for anything less than MSRP to maintain value in their product and to prevent price wars. if a retailer is caught ad'ing their products for less than MSRP they can have their line pulled.

after the 90 days stores can sell it for whatever they want, and then after the product is deemed 'close-out' it is downcosted (the manufacturer gives the dealer a credit on their account for every ski unsold) and the retailer is allowed to sell the ski for a price that may very well be less than original booking cost.

every company pays the same money for every product in the long run, and the only reason why a specialty shop would cost more is because they carry higher-end skiis. that being said, most pro-shops have access to every ski produced by every manufacturer they carry. just maybe not in stock where-as a place like sport chek only has access to a limited variety of skiis, mostly low to mid end, and when they do get high end skis, they're at least 2 years older and on close-out.

its hard to find a decently knowledgeable salesperson at a place like sport chek because sport chek is a big box general retailer, and they dont care about hiring professionals. if you walk into a place like sporting life, chances are the people there have been skiing their whole life, have a passion for it, and actually know what they're talking about it. so in the long run, you may have bought the skiis that suit your needs on the hill, but you won't know for sure 'til you take them out.

Having returned from a 5 day skiing trip to Jay Peak, Vt, I can tell you that I'm extremely happy with the Z3's. I got to ski them through hardpack, ice, glades and powder (beautiful, beautiful powder) and I found they're simply a joy to ride on groomed trails, but still work well in mogul and glade runs (not very surprising, as they are quite quick to turn). Powder performance was reasonable, but they aren't built for powder, and I don't have very much experience skiing powder.

P.S. I also noticed that the Bandit B4's are meant for extreme backcountry skiing. So I suppose you do a lot of backcountry skiing?

For Christmas I got a few hours of PEACE AND QUIET for once

The tangible stuff was $300 from parents, small stuff from acquaintances etc, and some hooker clothes from my best chick

I bought myself some hooker boots to match, navel jewelry and some stuff from Sephora because 'tis the season for buying things : ]

P.S. I also noticed that the Bandit B4's are meant for extreme backcountry skiing. So I suppose you do a lot of backcountry skiing?

yeah. they're 90-10 back-country so they'll never see a groomed run.

like i said before i used the volkl AC3 for all mountain skis, but i have the AC4 on order (true 50-50 skis) and the AC3s are on consignment in whistler. the AC4s are basically volkl's version of rossi's B3, which are by far the most popular ski on any mountain these days (which is why i spent the extra $$ and when with volkl)

i'm glad to hear that you like your zeniths, its too bad you didnt live in BC, its hard to find people who enjoy hitting the hills.

P.S. I also noticed that the Bandit B4's are meant for extreme backcountry skiing.  So I suppose you do a lot of backcountry skiing?

yeah. they're 90-10 back-country so they'll never see a groomed run.

like i said before i used the volkl AC3 for all mountain skis, but i have the AC4 on order (true 50-50 skis) and the AC3s are on consignment in whistler. the AC4s are basically volkl's version of rossi's B3, which are by far the most popular ski on any mountain these days (which is why i spent the extra $$ and when with volkl)

i'm glad to hear that you like your zeniths, its too bad you didnt live in BC, its hard to find people who enjoy hitting the hills.

Although I do enjoy hitting the hills, I've done very little backcountry skiing. I popped my backcountry cherry when I was in grade 8 in Panorama. And then again 2 years later when I went back. Skiing mostly in the East for no more than 7 days per season doesn't really lend itself to going backcountry, although I would like to someday take some proper lessons on how to do that shit in style.

Also, in backcountry skiing, have you done any skinning/heli-skiing type of stuff? I wouldn't mind tapping some of that.

P.S. are you a ski bum?