Sim

Accoustic Tour 2006 (merged)

i was really excited to ehar hurt, until he played it. someone should tell Matt that Hurt is a Sad Depressing song and it is not supposed to sound upbeat.

overall i prefer when matt plays with the band, its not that hie performance was bad, btu hearing 20 or so acoustic songs just kinda... well doesn't get you exicted.

Yeah, I'm really not into Matthew Good's version now that I finally heard it. Matt's interpretation really isn't working for me and having Melissa or whoever she is (a stranger singing Hurt) would really not help the case.

And yes, I thought about the same--an all acoustic set might get a little dragging. I would have been better to start off acoustic maybe 4-6 songs, and then to get out those pedals.

Me and my friend saw the fight after the Brock show, it was pretty funny, in a pathetic way haha.

that big guy was a chump, that poor kid must have weighed 100lbs less

oh well, I thought the accoustic was a nice touch.. I wouldnt want to listen to it too much, but hearing different renditions of our favorite songs is always a refreshing change. His normal versions will always be there, so enjoy these while you can

I just got back from the London show and It was amazing. The crowd was good and matt was amazing. He was pulling off jokes throughout rhe show and all the songs were top notch. I really enjoyed hurt, thought it was one of the best of the night. Someone asked for WWWHR and he made it into a joke about doing a half song tour playing all the songs that can only partly be done acosuticly and he blade part of weapon which sounded amazing. I would have to say that it was the best show ive ever been to.

London show was the shit. It rocked. The brock show was ripped apart by matt in my opinion, and his Paris Hilton Book thing was crazy. He was far more relaxed and the audience at the chow enjoyed it much more. Not retards or idiots at this show.

Ex Pats did it for me, and teamed with Rabbits, well that was great. Good overall night, except for Paige and Nicole ditchin me and Alana for the bus, what about their ride home?

Good times all

Picutres are at

PICTURES ARE HERE

From The Brock and London Show

yeah i just got back from the london show too and it was just amazing. There is really no other way to describe it other than it was purely just amazing. I was even really impressed with mellisa as an opening act she is very talented and liked her so i bought her CD. And their rendetion of HURT was great i like what they did with it.

the London show was good in terms of MATT. But he's always amazing.

The crowd FUCKING SUCKED. Stupid douche bags talking and shit and complaining about how they can't hear him etc...well if you weren't talking then you'd be able to hear him you retard.

then there's those retards who just kept yelling to Matt to play songs.

This was the worst crowd at a concert ever I reckon.

Matt was saying some jokes and made fun of the fight the previous night. and there was almost another fight last night to. which was funny. some chick fainted too like near the start of the show.

i just can't believe how bad the fucking crowd was. it was bad to the point that i wanted to leave half way through because Matt was singing and people were like talking and shit and didn't give a fuck.

People when you come to a show, you better expect that someone is going to be singing so show some respect to the artist and be corteous to the people around you and let them enjoy if you don't want to. and if you don't, get the fuck out.

AVALANCHE WAS SICK!!!

I guess its all relative and how you look at it. By far from the two shows I was at there was a big difference, and the London crowd was near perfect. Sure people are going to yell out song they want to hear (although I didnt hear this last night all that often), its just something that people do, and sometimes Matt does play it for them. The difference is that at the London show you didnt have people yelling out things that they knew Matt wouldnt even consider playing, ie. Wispering in the Dark, Rico etc.

I feel really bad for you if this is the worse crowd that you have ever seen, apparently you dont get out much to check out concerts. (not ment in a rude way, and not out to start an argument, but most concerts out there have far worse crowds that what you thought of this MAtt Good show)

Its not the opera, people are going to talk. But its not a normal Matt Good show either.

I was talking to Melissa after the show, and she was the one to first say that this was 300 times better than the night before (the crowd that is). She thought that they were much more into it, respectful (of her and matt), and she enjoyed it much more.

But again, its all relative to other things that you can compare it too, I guess with me, after seeing the number of concerts I do each year and being in the position that I am in, I just know the good from the bad.

WASHED

yeah i've beeen to enough concerts to know about crowds. this wasn't me first matt good show either mate. but there was almost a fight. which was entertaining to say the least.

i guess i've been really lucky and it could have somethign to do where i was. i'll admit the people in front of matt were really respectful. but those around me weren't to nice of him etc...

yeah the crowd was good in that sense, but fuck, no matter the opera or not, at least have some decency for other people who are there to enjoy the show.

does that make sense...

can't remember it all, but it was sick. in no way is this the order. haaaaaaaaaaa

i tried to remember best i could. but i'm missing a bunch of songs to though.

Avalanche

Advertising

Apparitions

World Called Cast.

Gen X-Wing

Hurt (with Melissa)

Load Me Up

So Long Mrs. Smith

Fated

House Of Smoke And Mirrors

Buf. Seven

Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run

Edited by X-Rated Truffle Pig

I thought the crowd was good. There were a few dum comments/requests but thats to be expected. Where abouts were u standing from matts view? I had no trouble hearing and had a great time. To add to the above setlist, he also played:

ex-pats

tripoli

breath of a nation

hopeless

strange days

SOAPS (with shes in it for the money to start)

He played the intro to weapon as a joke which was great. I'd pay to see his half show anyday ;)

i'd have to say i've been to see matt like 10 times and this crowd for the most part was pretty good bunch. It looked like their some actual die hard fans but it doesn't matter cause their is always going to be some drunkin asshole yelling play symbolistic white walls. It was funny that he pretty much ingored the guys and also made fun of them. Good Job London. Thunder Bay sucked the were all Lakehead losers who complained the whole time even yelling out "play something i know". I was like get the fuck out.

yeah i've beeen to enough concerts to know about crowds. this wasn't me first matt good show either mate. but there was almost a fight. which was entertaining to say the least.

i guess i've been really lucky and it could have somethign to do where i was. i'll admit the people in front of matt were really respectful. but those around me weren't to nice of him etc...

yeah the crowd was good in that sense, but fuck, no matter the opera or not, at least have some decency for other people who are there to enjoy the show.

does that make sense...

Hopefully, i hope the crowd will be fine in montreal (if there is any montreal show)... it's usually quite nice, apart from guys yelling for rico between songs

Odd, I thought that was the best audience of the four shows I've been to. I was right at the front, to Matt's right, and during the quiet moments in the music it seemed like all the chatter was off towards the bar, while people close up were respectfully listening. That's us hardcore fans, I guess - and no drunk whores infiltrated our position at the front this time around.

Great setlist, great performance. Since no one's done it yet, I'll post the official set:

Avalanche

Advertising On Police Cars

So Long Mrs. Smith

When Hollywood Runs Out Of Indians

Breath Of A Nation

In A World Called Catastrophe

Hopeless

She's In It For The Money

Sort Of A Protest Song

Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run

Strange Days

Load Me Up

Apparitions

Fated

Hurt

Encore:

The Fine Art Of Falling Apart

Ex-Pats Of The Blue Mountain Symphony Orchestra

Tripoli

Generation X-Wing

Buffalo Seven

House Of Smoke And Mirrors

I haven't heard a lot of those songs live before (Avalanche, Mrs. Smith, Indians, Breath, Shot, Fated, Hurt, FAoFA, Ex-Pats, Buffalo, House), and those were definitely the best songs of the night, as I see it. Even the songs I've heard at all my shows, like Load Me Up, sounded great in this style.

My highlights of the night were HoSaM, Ex-Pats, Hurt, Can't Get Shot, and Avalanche.

I'm with whoever said the London crowd sucked. We got in late and couldn't get near the front because we were all so packed in there. Some drunk frat boys decided to yell-sing the whole show and they were so off that sometimes they just managed to hit the harmonies. The girl behind me threatened to punch them in the throats and I loved her. It was incredibly frustrating! But Matt was wonderful. Maybe even the best ever. Did you hear Hurt? Amazing.

Edited by darling

sockcrotch, I had a similar spot, I was just about 10 feet from you to the right. Great show, I had no complaints about people around me. Just glad i got to the front, where I could avoid the few assholes that did attend.