Sim

Accoustic Tour 2006 (merged)

here is my crap photography

Wow, you must have been sitting right beside me. Or two seats over or so. Neato.

Here's a video I took of Can't Get Shot... too bad I didn't know that my camera only takes 3 minute videos, so it's in two parts with a bit of a gap. Sucks, I know.

Right click, save as:

http://greedyemu.com/images/mg/mg-winnipeg-mar27a.avi

http://greedyemu.com/images/mg/mg-winnipeg-mar27b.avi

Thanks Betterbutterfly.

Your name and pictures are better than mine.

awww, well i appreciate the photo compliment.

but my name is vintage old school. it's been my matt good message board username since there was still a matthew good BAND and the Rx was the official message board. since then the name has sort of taken over, but i love it.

Thanks for the vid Jerm, its just too bad dickless Doug dropped the ball on taping some of the other highlights.

i resent that, asshole, i was too busy enjoying the experience of the show, hahahahahaah jerk!

doug ;)

your both jerks!

Wow this coming from a guy who's greatest work to date was a couple of Matthew Good and Radiohead covers. Just remember "Silence" is still your best track.

you got me there douchebag!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and yes, silence is my best track, followed by my mom's favourite, Pipe Down!

First off, Matt's show at Brock in St Catharines was incredible, to say the very least. Matt was funny, and the crowd was co-operative. The only thing was that me and about 30 other fans were waiting near the bus after the show (I heard normally Matt comes out and talks to the fans and autographs stuff and such), and we waited for an hour and a half as the equipment was being packed up, only to have the bus drive away, and it turned out Matt was in there the entire time. But oh well, maybe at the Buffalo show I'll have more luck. Plus one of the promo guys I know took the setlist I got and is getting it signed and bringing it to me soon ;)

Speaking of the setlist, this may not be in correct order, but this is what he played.

Indestructible

Symbolistic White Walls

In A World Called Catastrophe

Sort Of A Protest Song

Hopeless

Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run

So Long Mrs. Smith

Load Me Up

Fated

Alert Status Red

Empty Road

Strange Days

Apparitions

ENCORE:

Hurt (with Melissa McCelland)

The Fine Art Of Falling Apart

Tripoli

Generation X-Wing

It's Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man (not on setlist)

Prime Time Deliverance (not on setlist)

I'd tell the correct order, but the promo guy has the set list until the next time I see him (he works at my local CD store)

But anyway, it was a spectacular show, Matt's voice was incredible, and literally every song was a standout, although PTD was a great closer. Hopefully I'll meet Matt after the Buffalo show. :angry:

"...and the crowd was co-operative." - Not exactly. I would post on this, but right now I have better things to do, like prepare for todays london show.

But did anyone else get the little joke about "Shutup Fridays" that Matt made? If not then you were probably the person that it was directed towards.

Yeah, actually, I guess you're right, the crowd wasn't that great. Some people were roudy and such, although I was too caught up in the show to really take notice.

And I think that was directed to the people yelling random shit at that time. I was the guy who kept requesting The Rat Who Would Be King, but it didn't end up being played. But oh well. A whole bunch of people were yelling out song names between the songs (good try to the guys who wanted Whispering In The Dark played lmao, so I think that comment was directed to the people yelling random, stupid shit (like the drunk guy yelling during Load Me Up).

But overall, I gotta say, great show.

I was hoping that with this tour that it would keep the "Hellotimebombers" away from the show. The drunks and the people that only know the hits.

But ya, there were a group of two two which were extremely drunk and wanted to be rude to everyone around them. And they thought that a rudimentary sign asking Matt to drink with them actually had a real shot of getting that accomplished.

I was impressed though, I didnt hear RICO yelled out at all, but it was replaced by Wispering in the Dark, Bluebird etc.

But I startedt o crack up when matt made the comment.

I wasnt impressed with the so called 'security'. I work at a number of Vanues in London and I have to say that watching the show is not what you are getting paid for if you are working. IF they had of paid attention on what was going in the crowd, they would have kicked out a couple of guys long before shit happened at the end.

But ya, the performance itself, Matts Comments, and well the Barbie were freaking amazing.

Im glad that I got tickets for free and am seeing him again in London tonite, cuase the couple girls beside me I felt bad for cause of the two drunken a$$es and it ruining the show for her.

If Any one has more pics from the show, specifically the person with the Panasonic Lumix camera right up from, can you post a link to a FLICKR page or something.

HERE IS A LINK TO MY PAGE WITH SOME OF MY PICTURES.

Can someone please either post some recordings from last night's show or add me to MSN at [email protected], and send me some recordings please? I had recorded a few videos and pictures, but when I came home and transferred them to my computer, for no specific reason, nothing was on my camera. Nothing. No pictures, no video, nothing. :angry: At least my friend recorded a few videos and got some pics. ;)

I would liek to say that the Brock show was lackluster at best.

He Butchered Apparitions, and those morongs that smuggled in their own booze and yelled the forst half of the show for Whispering in the Dark needed a swift kick to the sack.

i was really excited to ehar hurt, until he played it. someone should tell Matt that Hurt is a Sad Depressing song and it is not supposed to sound upbeat.

That doll was some funy shit though, although you couldn't realyl hear everything that it was saying.

overall i prefer when matt plays with the band, its not that hie performance was bad, btu hearing 20 or so acoustic songs just kinda... well doesn't get you exicted.

and i don't remember him playing Gen X Wing.

He played Generation X-Wing right after Tripoli in the encore, and right before It's Been Awhile. If I remember right, he segued Tripoli into Gen X-Wing.

And I thought that it had plenty of energy, Matt did a great performance.

Matt and Melissa did what they wanted to with Hurt, they interpreted it in a different way. Also, he didn't butcher Apparitions, he did it really well. Only song that wasn't up to par with the rest I found was Load Me Up. Didn't work too well as an acoustic song, and that was when the drunken idiots were at their worst lol.

Edited by i'm indestructable

haha this poor little kid got his ass kicked right after the brock show too... i drove down from London and i think it was worth it. The drunk guys werent too bad, you always get a ton of that shit at MG shows (i've been to 6 and every one had retards fighting and yelling).

It was funny too, i consider myself a pretty big MG fan.. own all his CDs, know his shit, etc... and my buddy is the same, but some guy goes to him and a few other ppl : "it's fags like you that make matt good shows suck. Can you even name 3 of his albums?"

i thought that was pretty funny... sucks but MG fans tend to be major douches