Prometheon

Matthew Good - Hospital Music

- I Am Not Safer Than A Bank

I'm reserving my copy the day it's available

I love the first minute in the demo!

How do you know the album track will be over a minute?

He did mention that it was "one of those pieces he was talking about" and that "pieces are NOT songs."

Edited by haircut-rabbit

I can't wait to hear this album. I am surprised that Cant get shot and breath of a nation are not on it. I would really love a better breath of a nation but I am so glad black helicopters is on it. In the end, I am glad that he didnt take too many of the demos cause we all wanna hear new material, and hopefully a bside album will come from it.

I'm also upset that "If I Was a Tidal Wave" got cut ... Maybe Matt chickened out about releasing it because it is so political, as he mentioned once before he played it live.

Matt "chickening out" of releasing a song because it's too political seems VERY unlikely. Listen too "Pledge of Allegiance", "In A World Called Catastrophe", "21st Century Living", and almost the entire White Light Rock & Roll Review album.

He has his reasons for not including the song and I'm sure they're good ones.

well, i'm just repeating what Matt himself said about the song. listen to what he says about the song at the very beginning of this performance:

And yeah, a personal album will be great. He's been through a lot & it will be cool to hear him express it. But there will be political stuff of course, like Black Helicopter.

I actually really like the original version of True Love Will Find You In The End, it's probably my favorite Daniel Johnston song... There's a lot of his stuff that I really can't get into but he has some gems in his catalouge too.

The Beck cover is a really great cover, I like it almost as much as the original... Obviously technically speaking Beck's version is superior and it's generally really impressive regardless, but there's just something about Johnston's version that sounds so pure and sincere to me that's really overwhelming; I enjoy it more for that reason.