AnOceanPearl

Vancouver Megathread

I can't REALLY say anything bad about majors but I'd rather be indie these days. The day they finish ass raping you and you have a catalog is a good time to create YOUR music.

Sure you won't tour as much but how narcissistic do you have to be to WANT TO DO THE FESTIVAL CIRCUIT AGAIN??? "LOOKIT ME!!!!!!"ARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!

I swear if I have to set foot in City TV one more time for an on air or sit in a trailer waitin' to entertain socially challenged monkeys one more time....

....bitter.... ;)

I haven't really listened to the demo tracks for a long time (and I try not to pay attention when he posts new ones) so as to keep them a relative surprise when they eventually come out in finished form.

I will admit though that I've been listening to Bad Pennies a lot lately. I know it's not going to be on the album or anything, but I dunno...I happen to find an interesting quality in it that I enjoy. That and I like to rock out to the chorus.

I will admit though that I've been listening to Bad Pennies a lot lately. I know it's not going to be on the album or anything, but I dunno...I happen to find an interesting quality in it that I enjoy. That and I like to rock out to the chorus.

I have the same feelings. I've even pleaded for the song to be included to no avail lol.

I haven't really listened to the demo tracks for a long time (and I try not to pay attention when he posts new ones) so as to keep them a relative surprise when they eventually come out in finished form.

Yes I very much agree about Bad Pennies. I honestly would really like it to be on the new album even though it's almost sure not to be. I really like it and I think it would add some good further variety to the record.

Oh well. I could still listen to it whenever I want on a burned cd........ along with most of the other Vancouver demos that is. ;) Of course I no doubt plan on buying the cd when it comes out.

Edited by Manchalivin

i don't know anything about bad pennies. actually, if matty's been throwing up demos i do believe i have missed every single one of them.

Same here. I have one. "Emtpy's Theme Park." It's absolutely gorgeous and I listen to it repeatedly. I heard somewhere that he put it up again with an extended ending or something, but maybe I'm imagining things. But yeah, for the first time in years, the new album will be mostly a complete suprise to me.

Is there any chance we can get some of the demos put up on the NF store? Like many of you guys, I've only got a couple here and there. My crazy work schedule doesn't allow me to be in the right place at the right time when it comes to these demo posts, unfortunately.

Good stuff but I wonder why he decided to get real strings.... I thought he said we probably wouldn't really be able to tell the difference anyway and it would cost more to get a string quartet. Not that I am complaining mind you, just questioning.

Good stuff but I wonder why he decided to get real strings.... I thought he said we probably wouldn't really be able to tell the difference anyway and it would cost more to get a string quartet. Not that I am complaining mind you, just questioning.

As I remember it he was always going to use a quartet, except that he would blend their tracks with fake strings in order to give it a fuller sound without having to pay for an entire orchestra.