Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

FINALLY finished Super Metroid for SNES (aka ROMS on my PC! hahaha). Been playing this off and on for like 3 years, finally finished it off. Man, what an epic ending. Such a great game, definitely one of the best i've ever played. Never liked the game as a kid when both this and the original game came out. Just too young for it then i guess.

But now i'm hooked. Metroid Prime was pretty good but the series just shines in 2D. Gonna track down the original Metroid and the GBA games (Fusion & Zero Mission), and probably check out Shadow Complex as well.

I bought Uncharted 2 a couple of weeks ago and still haven't really played it yet. A friend of mine begged me to buy it because he wanted to play online, but I haven't felt myself caring about it that much.

I guess I find it hard to get excited about a lot of games these days. I'm an old man at 24.

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (again)

By far one of the best games ever, despite or even partly because of it's peculiarities compared to most domestic titles. Absolutely the best in terms of survival FPS.

The constantly changing environment is cool, but I wouldn't say it's the best survival FPS. I was never in any threat really, ever since the beginning where I went right and tried to skillfully acquire Ak74s from 3 soldiers with my Makarov ;).

Don't like the fact that you can't repair armour. Didn't use my Seva suit ever because I didn't want it to break. AI was kinda silly because they couldn't see anomalies, hence the piles of bodies near a pathetically weak spring anomaly.

Shadow Complex is excellent and totally worth the money. The aiming will take some getting used to, but overall, it's a fantastic game.

Just found out that Shadow Complex is this week's "deal of the week" on Xbox Live. Can buy it for 800 points instead of 1200. Basically bucks off. Nice!

The constantly changing environment is cool, but I wouldn't say it's the best survival FPS. I was never in any threat really, ever since the beginning where I went right and tried to skillfully acquire Ak74s from 3 soldiers with my Makarov ;).

Don't like the fact that you can't repair armour. Didn't use my Seva suit ever because I didn't want it to break. AI was kinda silly because they couldn't see anomalies, hence the piles of bodies near a pathetically weak spring anomaly.

It has a lot of problems, certainly, including bugs out the wazoo. Obviously I haven't played every survival FPS, but I don't know of anything better at any rate. AI was a bit odd, praticularly after a quick-load. Armour repair I didn't care about really. The game just had a sort of attitude to it that it wasn't really trying to let you win...it seemed indifferent to your victories or defeats, which really added to the experience. the inventory system was about as close to a realistic load as I've seen in anything, and the whole world was twisted, eeried, and mildly unsettling without being openly supernatural for the most part. I also have a soft spot for games/movies/etc that don't generally tie everything up with a neat disney bow and everyone goes home happy.

As for threats, that's just the thing...combat is fairly easy if you're cautious and have some tactical sense (taking in to account the largely idiotic AI) but you can't just stagger in to a room and start blasting away HALO-style. Armour doesn't deflect hundreds of bullets, it doesn't regenerate, and if you do screw up you're generally dead in ten seconds.

I also played the Clear Sky prologue/expansion dealie...more linear, repairable armour, etc. Didn't have the same feel.

At any rate, I liked them both :angry:

Edited by Sparq

I'm trying to play Mass Effect but finding it kind of hard to get into.

Yes, i found the same thing. I was a big fan of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, also by Bioware and similar style RPG. But i know the Star Wars universe since i'm a geek, but Mass Effect is a totally new universe they created. Found it overwhelming trying to learn (and read) all about the different races, technology, places etc. in the game.

There are also is a TON of talking/conversation in the game, where you just have to sit and listen...and listen...and read...and listen. It bored me quickly, so i sold the game.

Dawn of War 2. Pretty good game. A strange combination of RTS and RPG. Pretty macro heavy and keyboard smashing at times.

Cyrus is my hero. Badass invisible demolitions, sniper, grenadier, scout, assassin guy. Easily the MVP.