here is no why

Official Tour Setlist/review Thread 2009/2010

Anyone else think it was weird that he got Chino to play Bass?

3424174423_747d696b53.jpg

4187885939_a550a5c2bd.jpg

He's lost a bit of weight though. Also, if you google Chino Moreno under images, on the 12th page, there's a picture of matt good. Coincidence?

12th page? Yes, I think it's a coincidence.

Just like if you google "Dr. Teeth" on the 12th page you'll find a picture of a jack-o-lantern. Coincidence?

Milos has a little bit more George Stroumboulopoulos in him. (Take that as you will.)

And that's the second Dr. Teeth reference I've seen in the last hour. I think he's due for a major comeback. Seriously - the guy hasn't aged a day.

ugly red honda - i almost bought seat 44 in the row behind you tonight but i opted for the drunken peanut gallery instead.

Yeah, it seemed like our area was a little bit less of a drunken peanut gallery. Though I think that girl that Computer mentioned was back for night two. If I recall correctly, she loves Matthew Good.

(BTW - what's up with people screaming "Matthew Good" at a Matthew Good show? It's one thing if it's a band name, like "Woo! Pearl Jam!" - but are you yelling to support Matthew Good, the "band"? If you're just yelling at Matt, isn't screaming his full name a bit like a taunt? Almost like getting in trouble and hearing it from your mom - "MATTHEW GOOD, GET IN THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW.")

Edited by uglyredhonda

I personally do not enjoy venues where you can sit for a rock concert. All rock concerts should standing amidst a group of nuts rocking out all night. It should be mandatory.

I'm serious! Sitting for a rock concert is just awkward and lame. I'd rather be forced to stand all night, though I wouldn't have to be forced...

WORD! Totally agree. However, it is kind of nice to have assigned seats if you're on the floor so you don't have to wait outside for an hour or 2 to get prime seats. The size of Matt's fanbase means he obviously can't play full arenas, so theatres with assigned seats i guess i'll have to get used to.

However, it is kind of nice to have assigned seats if you're on the floor so you don't have to wait outside for an hour or 2 to get prime seats.

I couldn't agree more... I'm not a big GA fan... and there is no way in Ottawa I want to be sitting outside in the winter waiting to claim a spot for decent views... brrr! I thought it was nice idea that Hawksley Workman had when I bought tickets a bit back for his 2010 show; when you got one of the "limited" tix he had available through his site, your ticket is marked to allow you get in 15 min earlier than others to claim a good seat.. a good idea for a general admission show...

@Audio of Being.. the ushers were a real pain on the 18th.. tried to get near the stage to get a pick and they wouldn't let anyone get near it if you weren't already in the first few rows...

@Computer - hey, I took that picture (of Milos anyway ;))

The Toronto setlists both looked good, but in the end I think I made the right decision to not go...considering that flying out of New York this past weekend would have been a big mistake and I never would have gotten home because of delays and snow and whatnot...haha

Although I see now that my original theory that the Toronto shows would be longer has been proven wrong. I just kinda figured he'd always be putting on these big longer shows in Toronto, but I suppose not! Oh well.

Double post, since it's been talked about in this thread:

"Fake Empire" from Massey 2

The piece I caught of "Fake Empire" from Massey 1 is in the Videos thread.

The ushers were definitely active. The night 1 video of "Fake Empire" is lousy, largely because I had my hands over the viewscreen to avoid the light being seen. (And because I accidentally overzoomed - I hadn't shot video on my digital camera at any point recently, and used it like I would my HD vidcam.)

Any other venue, and I might have considered smuggling my HD videocam in. (It would have been trivial to get it in.) But I got smacked in the arm by an usher at Massey in 2007 while recording a song with this camera, and didn't want to get busted again. (He didn't take my camera or anything, but I was kind of embarrassed by it.)

i dont know how you guys evaluate that GA standing tickets needs a long time wait in the outside cold. okay, maybe if you really, really want to be first row in the middle, but the way it usually happens in montreal for matt, if you get there for the time of doors opening, most people rush to get good seated places rather than for standing in front i think! and montreal usually is the worst place in the world for people wanting to be in front (osheaga still haunts me)

and add to this a crazy piece of luck (that's what happened to me at metropolis) i was second row, right in the middle, and after mother mother the guys in front of me left...!!!! great way to celebrate that i saw a matthew good band concert in the same venue, front row, exactly 10 years minus 1 day before.

i was a bit bothered by the screaming at massey hall. "i love you matt!!!!" "take it off!!!" right behind my ears, over and over again. at some point i felt like it was a totally different concert and those girls we're about to flash their boobs. plus that guy, 2 rows behind me was talking out so loud i could hardly hear mother mother's set. We gave him looks, over and over, ddnt seem to bother him.

so im just saying... quebec city was heaven. you know, one of these few places left where mother mother was better known than matt good and as people were starting to wait, nobody really wanted to be first to take a front spot! many left after MM, tho, others stayed in the venue to drink as its a bar. i find awesomely funny when a drunk guy screamed out loud "'Matthew fucking Good!" I bet he just discovered some great rock music.

so my two cents : for an acoustic concert : seats! because i remember my legs being in pain for just standing there for so long. and for full band : standing, because i really enjoy dancing to rock music!

Sorry this isn't a MG question, but it has to do with the tour.....kinda.

Mother Mother played a song at the Hamilton show that I'm trying to find and can't seem to. The lyrics were somthing about mistakes in the past being Ok, and knowing the mistakes in the future will be Ok....Ok...Ok...... The guy on the saxophone did an amazing job - it might have been the only song he was used for.

That's all I got.

Can anyone help me out with the title?

Sorry this isn't a MG question, but it has to do with the tour.....kinda.

Mother Mother played a song at the Hamilton show that I'm trying to find and can't seem to. The lyrics were somthing about mistakes in the past being Ok, and knowing the mistakes in the future will be Ok....Ok...Ok...... The guy on the saxophone did an amazing job - it might have been the only song he was used for.

That's all I got.

Can anyone help me out with the title?

They brought out the saxophone for a song at the show I was at as well. Now that I've tried to remember, I'm fairly sure it was a cover. Yeah, I think I remember a cover with similar lyrics. I've listened to both their albums quite a bit over the last couple months, and I don't think that is one of their songs (don't have them with me right now though). I'm not 100% sure, but pretty confident that was a cover of something.

Edited by Curtster

They brought out the saxophone for a song at the show I was at as well. Now that I've tried to remember, I'm fairly sure it was a cover. Yeah, I think I remember a cover with similar lyrics. I've listened to both their albums quite a bit over the last couple months, and I don't think that is one of their songs (don't have them with me right now though). I'm not 100% sure, but pretty confident that was a cover of something.

They played a song at the Ottawa show that they said after was new.. maybe they just didn't mention that after