johnerwin

M+ (merged)

Alright we get that he's pissed off...why dosen't he just do it if he wants to and don't if he doesn't...he listens to what people say way too much...

Yeah, I kinda get why he might be acting that way. I get the feeling he is trying to combat a lot of stress right now. Knowing what relatively little I know about mental illness, besides my own experience, it's a nightmare. Add that he does have a lot of strangers that know him in a certain way, that adds to it. I have my own ways of handling it and sometimes they don't go off too well and sometimes they end up with me saying "fuck it" to a school asignment that is really boring and making a wanted poster description of myself in which I make fun of myself and then it becomes the assignment for the next week.

I have kind of come to expect this when reading his blog. Not just because it happens every so often but because I know what I go through and thus feel like it's best to respect it. You may be right there but there are a lot of things with mental illness that just don't make sense in the moment. For instance, ever go to a hospital because your chest feels like it is about to explode and nothing ends up being wrong? Yeah, even though I could think about why it happened afterwords, you aren't thinking logically when you are feeling as if your world is about to end. Usually it's the less extreme cases where things like that can turn into something positive.

Is it too cliche for me to say I'm really enjoying the entries as of late? I just hope he's enjoying it as much as the rest of us are. I think it's important to detach yourself everyone once in a while and just let loose, even if it's writing a couple pieces of sarcastic and condescending garbage.

And don't rip into me for calling it garbage. One man's trash...ah, you know.

I'm mixed on this.

On one hand, if i can get some demos, the odd "Matt playing a live tune into his webcam" (that would be wicked!), maybe video from the studio, or video of backstage on tour stuff, even quality tour recordings (Metallica.com offers fans the ability to download as mp3's ANY live show they do on tour etc. for $10 a show, which is very cool), then i'd pay for it if the price was fair for what was offered. I would definitely support another revenue stream for Matt if it meant more music etc. from him & he could afford to host this stuff. I know his intentions are honest & to make a living, not to squeeze fans for any last dime he can get (like some other artists do).

On the other hand, i don't like the idea of having to pay for early access to ticket sales. You are basically forcing fans to pay ANOTHER $25 to nab great seats (if they dont want the other content), i don't like when other artists do that. What happened to the days when the guy who was first on the ball when tickets went on sale and/or waited the longest outside the show got the best seats? Even the rehearsal access thing kinda rubs me because other bands have like $50 fan clubs you have to join in order to get into a "raffle" for a chance to get into a meet and greet. But rehearsal access is still a very cool idea in general.

i might be the only one here who pays no attention to mg.org. i don't know about you sheep, but i'm only in it for the music.

you are, and always have been, a complete dick on the boards. There i said it.

On the other hand, i don't like the idea of having to pay for early access to ticket sales. You are basically forcing fans to pay ANOTHER $25 to nab great seats (if they dont want the other content), i don't like when other artists do that. What happened to the days when the guy who was first on the ball when tickets went on sale and/or waited the longest outside the show got the best seats? Even the rehearsal access thing kinda rubs me because other bands have like $50 fan clubs you have to join in order to get into a "raffle" for a chance to get into a meet and greet. But rehearsal access is still a very cool idea in general.

The thing about that is that other bands can afford not to do it more so that Matt can. I don't know his financial information but I doubt he is extremely rich. Given what it must cost just to run the website, which costs a lot more than some personal website owned by some guy nobody has heard of. It wouldn't be surprising to me if it costs him ten grand just to keep up in a year, even more. Some artists are able to do that and some can afford it because they have less of a presents and don't put near as much effort as he does into their web presence.

Is it too cliche for me to say I'm really enjoying the entries as of late? I just hope he's enjoying it as much as the rest of us are. I think it's important to detach yourself everyone once in a while and just let loose, even if it's writing a couple pieces of sarcastic and condescending garbage.

And don't rip into me for calling it garbage. One man's trash...ah, you know.

Oh no one should rip into you. It is condescending and even a bit arrogant. But Matt has been doing this for a while. Those who didn't like Vancouver were told they knew nothing about music and those who criticized this idea are "clueless" about how a website is made, etc.

I'm not really enjoying it but, it's his blog, he could tell us to fuck off if he wanted.

the problem is that the actual cool features wouldn't be a guarantee and they wouldn't be for everyone. i'm not gonna pay money so that 5 out of 5000 people get a chance to possibly do something. especially if it's going to be done by locale. the GTA will have the highest number of members.

i had an experience like this with the NIN spiral club. they were setting it up like you'd have the chance of a soundcheck or meet and greet. they did one meet and greet and it was in new york. there were a smattering of soundchecks but that stopped very shortly afterwards. at least there you'd get t-shirts and accessories and your own personalized tickets and special lines. matt good tickets aren't hard to get.

Edited by saturnine