RileyLewis

Tour: 2018

Avalanche I can always recall waiting for the bus during winter. Being indoor at school and not going out for lunch, just sitting in the hallway or classrooms listening to it. Avalanche is winter all the way.

WLRRR on the other hand was my summer jam. I spun that CD all summer in my room And just played along to all the bass and guitar parts over and over and over again.

I imagine the summer is going to be opening up to many musicians now that The Tragically Hip are done, our Country barely has huge headliners at this point. Festivals are going to start looking gloomy. 

The entire rock industry doesn't have have many huge headliners anymore, minus nostalgia acts.  Festivals and rock radio stations are starting to play more pop or pop-esque acts.  Rock is dying commercially.  But that's off-topic.

Avalanche I can always recall waiting for the bus during winter. Being indoor at school and not going out for lunch, just sitting in the hallway or classrooms listening to it. Avalanche is winter all the way.

WLRRR on the other hand was my summer jam. I spun that CD all summer in my room And just played along to all the bass and guitar parts over and over and over againWow...

All this talk about Avalanche made me look up the release date - March 4 2003! God, I'm getting old.

All this talk about Avalanche made me look up the release date - March 4 2003! God, I'm getting old.

Ugh. That was literally 2 days after my mom passed away. I was 17 at the time. At that age I had no concept of when things came out but I remember getting Avalanche somehow by April or May and listening to it a ton that spring and summer. That album along with a bunch of others helped me through tough times.

Well looks like we'll get a tour announcement in late November, which probably means dates in late January or February.  Can't wait, being on the island I'm spoiled but hopefully there are dates close by for some of you who aren't as conveniently located to some of his more regular tour stops.  

Just announced on FB through OLP's video page:

https://www.facebook.com/ourladypeace/videos/10155915164092238/?hc_ref=ARScnm9OuDZlaDEp5RM9H-Z6J28KtP9R8Au1HyIHyxGh7I3k-SQzRNRA1wQM7GBQoS8&fref=gs&dti=700542750000336&hc_location=group

Looks like a co-headlining tour is in the works. Obviously we will have to wait for more ...

• Upvote 1

Just announced on FB through OLP's video page: ...

Huh!  Nice find.  This one comment caught my eye and echos my thoughts exactly: 

*Watching the beginning* oh cool, maybe a boxset or something

*Matt Good pops up* ....WAIT

Looks like we will have an interesting announcement later this month.  

Huh!  Nice find.  This one comment caught my eye and echos my thoughts exactly: 

Looks like we will have an interesting announcement later this month.  

I have a friend in local media in Alberta. He told me about this a few weeks ago, can confirm that this is indeed supposed to be a tour. Was waiting for an official announcement (check Matt's FB page - it's up there now too) because I didn't want to spoil the surprise. 

Well I'll wait for details, but pretty disappointed.  Not a big OLP fan, but wouldn't mind seeing them, but in my experience twin bills often mean partial sets.  Instead of a two hour show, you usually get an 80-90 minute set, and since you're competing head to head with the other band it seems to turn into a greatest hits competition.  Hope I'm wrong.  

An OLP and MG co-headline show maybe will hit the US for some dates. That’d be sweet for us US fans. Anyone think it’s plausible? Given, OLP has a decent following here. MG not so much. Anyway, I’m hoping for a few shows here. It’s been years since I didn’t have to cross the border to see him and the band.

An OLP and MG co-headline show maybe will hit the US for some dates. That’d be sweet for us US fans. Anyone think it’s plausible? Given, OLP has a decent following here. MG not so much. Anyway, I’m hoping for a few shows here. It’s been years since I didn’t have to cross the border to see him and the band.

I would imagine if OLP is the headliner that there will be some shows in the States.  

I would definitely go to a show with both of them on the bill.  Hopefully this is not the only tour that Matt will be on this year, as I'd really like a full set showcasing Matt.  An OLP tour would probably be fewer dates than Matt would do.

It's happening!!

From Facebook:

Our Lady Peace & Matthew Good - Tour Across Canada

Matt and his band will be heading across Canada with Our Lady Peace in the new year! Tickets and VIP packages will go on sale Friday, November 24th at 10am local time!

Tickets for the tour will be available here - http://bit.ly/MGOLPtour 
VIP packages for both artists will be available here - smarturl.it/OLPMattVIP

See you on the road!

~Team MG

Starts in March, and there's 20 dates, but none in the States for the US people in here...

A Massey show and rebel show both in Toronto. I think I'm gonna opt in for the Massey one, and hope to hell I don't miss anything amazing for the one at Rebel.

This is really exciting! I'm interested to know how this tour is going to work. If it's going to revolve around hits or album cuts.

Just FYI————

My email from TD place says the artist website presale starts tomorrow.

So keep your eyes peeled.

Hoping for a VIP option for Ottawa.

It starts tomorrow according to the link tab on his website.  Still no info on the VIP.  The link just goes to a holder page on the VIP provider's website.

According to the radio here, it's a co-headlining tour.  So hopefully equal time Matt and OLP.

Most likely it'll be like other co headlining tours.  Equal time, and they rotate who goes on first and who closes.  These types of shows are usually nostalgia fests for casual fans wanting to relive the 90's or whatever decade the co headline is from.  No one wants to be the band boring the fairweather crowd with a bunch of deep cuts they've never heard.  Expect the hits, a few new songs (probably Decades) and maybe a couple lesser known hits.  I know I'm being a negative nancy on this, but I have no interest in Co Headlines at all.  Thankfully for me the Vancouver and Van Isle area are conspicuously absent, so I'm hoping OLP packs their bags after Abbotsford and Matt with his band already in BC decides to play some headlining shows in early April in Van and possibly Victoria and Nanaimo which are guaranteed sell outs for him.  

Most likely it'll be like other co headlining tours.  Equal time, and they rotate who goes on first and who closes.  These types of shows are usually nostalgia fests for casual fans wanting to relive the 90's or whatever decade the co headline is from.  No one wants to be the band boring the fairweather crowd with a bunch of deep cuts they've never heard.  Expect the hits, a few new songs (probably Decades) and maybe a couple lesser known hits.  I know I'm being a negative nancy on this, but I have no interest in Co Headlines at all.  Thankfully for me the Vancouver and Van Isle area are conspicuously absent, so I'm hoping OLP packs their bags after Abbotsford and Matt with his band already in BC decides to play some headlining shows in early April in Van and possibly Victoria and Nanaimo which are guaranteed sell outs for him.  

I think you are right.  OLP for the most part mainly plays hits as it is.  I am huge fan of both though and it sucks that they aren't at least doing Buffalo.  I am considering the Hamilton show though.  The other thing that sucks is that March has notoriously bad weather in Buffalo and surly Canada as well so I am not sure if I want to throw down on a ticket and then be snowed out.    If this happened in the Spring or Summer I would be all over a Canada trip.

I think you are right.  OLP for the most part mainly plays hits as it is.  I am huge fan of both though and it sucks that they aren't at least doing Buffalo.  I am considering the Hamilton show though.  The other thing that sucks is that March has notoriously bad weather in Buffalo and surly Canada as well so I am not sure if I want to throw down on a ticket and then be snowed out.    If this happened in the Spring or Summer I would be all over a Canada trip.

Yeah, I mean for those of you that love both bands I'm sure it will be a great night, and probably there'll be some sort of collaboration song between the two bands which could be neat.  Foats, have you ever thought of taking Amtrak to Toronto? it avoids the snow out issues, and I've taken it before from Albany to TO and it was enjoyable and reasonable price wise.  Hopefully you can make it out to a show! 

Edited by adam_777