here is no why

Official Tour Setlist/review Thread 2009/2010

From the content of the setlists posted on this tread:

Weapon, Apparitions & Great Whales of the Sea have been played in all 22 shows so far.

The Boy Who Could Explode, Empty's Theme Park, Last Parade & Born Losers have been played in 21 out of 22 and Giant at 20/22.

The trend is that that those 7 songs are the core of any shows of this tour, and 7 to 9 other songs (2 to 4 from the Vancouver Album) are added to the show.

Thanks, thanks some good research.

I just got back from the Kingston show myself. I was in the front row, rocking out like a mofo...which was awkward because the rest of the crowd mostly sucked shit. It took them 4 songs to get their asses off their seats! During Load Me Up some people were standing but most we sitting, including the whole front row. So in the middle of the song during a part when Matt doesn't sing he went back and sat down in front of Blake the drummer and he just sat there for a few seconds, and now that i look back it was almost as if he was mocking the crowd. Then still sitting, Matt raised his hands up in a "get up" motion. That's when i stood up and yelled "YAAAAAAAHHH!!!!" with my fists in the air and everybody in the place finally stood up and stayed up for the whole show. Matt and co. proceeded to rock out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJu5GRDJ5S0

I found this video on youtube showing when Matt did the above at Kingston's concert. It's hard to see, but as he's sitting you can see his left hand going up and down, telling everyone to stand up. Then everyone just goes ape nuts!! I'm the guy in the front-row in the bottom-left corner of the screen who stands up with both fists in the air right after Matt does this. yes i rock.

I was DYING for this moment in the concert. I mean, i wanted to stand up and rockout so badly but everyone in the all the rows around me were sitting, and i came to the concert by myself so i was shy to stand up and help get the crowd going. if i had a friend with me i wouldn't have been shy to stand up. But once Matt gestured i like 'hell yaa!!".

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Back from the Halifax show, and my right ear is still ringing. ;)

Here's an attempt at the setlist:

On Nights Like Tonight

Last Parade

The Future is X-Rated

The Boy Who Could Explode

Great Whales of the Sea

Load Me Up

Volcanoes

Banter

Born Losers

Vancouver National Anthem

Weapon

---

Giant

Us Remains Impossible

Fought to Fight It fits in there somewhere too, not 100% sure where though. Someone please correct me.

Milos also tossed his bass to the ground after Weapon, it was really weird. Is it just me or has he been kinda out of it lately?

Matt just blew through almost half the set, he was really feeling it the whole time. Then he stopped for a sec and said "I realize I've just played like 6 songs straight and haven't said a word". So he talked about how cool it was to be playing on the water, even if it did sound cheezy, and went on for another few minutes. But that was it for banter.

Band was tight, and Blake is one of the happiest/most into it drummers I've seen in a while. Stu rocked it as usual. I was disappointed at the lack of Silent Army, but it was still a pretty good show. On Nights, Empty's and Volcanoes were standouts for me.

Time for bed, hope someone corrects me on that setlist tomorrow. Night folks!

Milos tossed his bass at the end of the Kitchener show too. i was kinda cool actually. Out of it? He seems asleep most of the time, thats just Milos. At least the bass thing was cool, showed some life from the guy. Maybe i'm too hard on Milos i dunno, everyone has their own personality.

Agreed, Blake bring a lot of energy to the show. And ya Stu is great too.

Matt didn't banter much at all during the Kitchener show either, like once or twice not very long.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

On Nights Like Tonight

Last Parade

The Future is X-Rated

The Boy Who Could Explode

Great Whales of the Sea

Load Me Up

Volcanoes

Banter

Born Losers

Weapon

---

Giant

Us Remains Impossible

I'm guessing the last song should be Empty's.. and not VNA

Also.. no Apparitions?? ..interesting

Edited by johnerwin

amazing show.

i don't think i really appreciated empty's theme park until i heard it live, ETP and volcanoes were definitely highlights for me.

maybe just a tiny bit disappointed it was all "business", little banter. as much as i love to hear the man sing, i love to hear him talk as well.

the man is interesting/intelligent/wittyasfuck.

but i mean, as someone else has said, given his experience this tour, i can more then understand why he kept the banter to a minimum.

also, during load me up, matt left the mic briefly to grab some water from the back of the stage.

the band kept the music going, and i could have sworn i heard the hook to "love will tear us apart". i got a little excited.

when matt returned to the mic, load me up continued.

what a tease.

all in all though, great show.

and mother mother = amazing live.

so much fucking fun.

Edited by angeles

Yeah, I screwed that up good. I know I forgot Apparitions and I can't figure out why I put VNA twice. It was Empty's at the end, and what a way to go out.

Also, it was Love Will Tear Us Apart that they started playing, and Matt then went back and got his drink, sat next to the drums and started clapping his index finger and thumb together to get the crowd going.

Milos tossed his bass at the end of the Kitchener show too. i was kinda cool actually. Out of it? He seems asleep most of the time, thats just Milos. At least the bass thing was cool, showed some life from the guy. Maybe i'm too hard on Milos i dunno, everyone has their own personality.

Agreed, Blake bring a lot of energy to the show. And ya Stu is great too.

Matt didn't banter much at all during the Kitchener show either, like once or twice not very long.

See, I thought he talked quite a bit at that show. I think he even wrote on the blog that he thought he talked alot. Either way, it was a great show, we're lucky we saw that one as it looks like people here are agreeing it has been one of the best so far (judging by the videos).

Has anyone got a setlist from Mother Mother yet? ..I guess they're mostly only playing 7 or 8 songs from the new album

The show I went to (2nd Vancouver show), I beleive their setlist was something like this:

Ghosting

Hayloft

Wrecking Ball

Body of Years

Arms Tonite

O My Heart

those are defintely all the songs I recall them playing anyway. Definitely wasn't anything from "Touch Up". May have played "Body" as well somewhere in there, now that I think of it, but I'm not sure. Would really like to see them at their own show, rather than watching them while people are still making their way into the theatre.

Edited by Curtster