Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

I find that surprising since much of these demos capture a lot of classic MG.  Night Orders, Los Alamos, Cold Water, We Have Done This Before We Will Do It Again and Harridan in particular.  Matthew Good has largely been very mood based in his music.  If anything, I think these demos are much more a return to form after Arrows of Desire.

I find that surprising since much of these demos capture a lot of classic MG.  Night Orders, Los Alamos, Cold Water, We Have Done This Before We Will Do It Again and Harridan in particular.  Matthew Good has largely been very mood based in his music.  If anything, I think these demos are much more a return to form after Arrows of Desire.

i guess i just prefer his melodic side. granted i haven't heard all of the new demos, but the three he most recently posted just sound so uninspired to me. i'm likely one of the few who thinks Matt's at his best when he's playing concise pop music with great words. 

I like mood, but I also like some bite. Usually you'd expect (and enjoy) 1 or 2 slower, moodier songs on an album. Having them be the bulk of a new album might be too much for me. I'm just a customer though, and if enough people want that then more power to him (and them). Everyone is always going to have their preferred period or style from an artist, especially from ones who have put out as much music as Matthew Good has. This next album just might not be in the top half for me, judging by the demos so far. I've enjoyed them and really like a few, but I'm not as excited as with previous albums.

The slower songs are the bulk of most Matt Good albums so I don't really understand that suddenly being a negative for this album.  There is more upbeat on most of his albums than these demos so far, but he's almost always leaned more to the slower side.

Edited by Manchalivin

i guess i just prefer his melodic side. granted i haven't heard all of the new demos, but the three he most recently posted just sound so uninspired to me. i'm likely one of the few who thinks Matt's at his best when he's playing concise pop music with great words. 

You're definitely not in the minority considering the amount of radio play and sales generated with his last two albums. It all feels very phoned-in to me. I guess when you're balancing 3 kids and mistresses you kind of have to phone it in.

Hey everyone,

I don't come here often but I'm a big fan. I follow Matt on twitter and I have seen some demos posted recently that come and go within a day. I'm never around on my PC to rip or capture the song (though I do usually go listen once). I am sure there are many that I've missed though. A few years back someone sent me a pack of songs that had demos from the LOES album. I'm assuming that this time around there's been someone, or a few people, who have been dilligently capturing these demos for the listening pleasure of everyone here. If you're here, could you please speak up (or PM me) directing me on how to get these songs?

You need to make a certain number of posts (50 maybe? I'm not sure) and then you get access to a separate board with all his demos, recordings, some live stuff, etc.

I don't use facebook or twitter so I hardly catch the demo's in time, that said the couple I have heard I like, but they haven't captured me.  I feel the same way about Arrows, it was a good album but it just isn't something I listen to much - I'd rather listen to LOES.

I don't use facebook or twitter so I hardly catch the demo's in time, that said the couple I have heard I like, but they haven't captured me.  I feel the same way about Arrows, it was a good album but it just isn't something I listen to much - I'd rather listen to LOES.

I am the opposite where I will listen to Arrows a bunch of times but need to take breaks between LOES. I usually skip Guns of Carolina though, for some reason.

The demo he just put up 7 minutes ago seems to reference at least in part the stuff that's been going on in his life lately...and incidentally it's my favorite demo so far outside of Something Like A Storm. lol.

Edited by Gomo

Yes the full demo is now up and it's excellent, powerful lyrics and regardless of how Matt feels about the arrangement it sounds great. When finished/polished this will be amazing; love the vocals and particularly like the guitar at approximatley 3 minutes.

Girls In Black

You gotta drive like this

you gotta pray that you miss

the girls in black

oh just one kiss

and the years they go six

and all that time she can’t look you in the eyes

So you bury it and the rest of you quits

and the pills you flip, a coma on your lips

and you keep your feet for one more day

you keep your feet and they call it brave

they call it brave