malarky

Live At Massey Hall

Man incase you missed it, they had to replace the crowd audio of load me up with a previous nights performance.. I was at the show, and we were singing the chorus.

Makes sense.

Therefore, I have no gripes with the album whatsoever.

Was anyone actually able to find this at "retail?" I called a number of different stores that carry music, and none of them had it. I ended up just ordering from Maple Music. I'm certainly glad I didn't drive around looking for it.

we had it where i work, but no one bought it.

so i bought 2.

it's so sexy. i fucking love it and i'm only 2 songs in. it's brilliant. also, makes my heart smile cause i remember how awesome it was when i was there.

Was anyone actually able to find this at "retail?" I called a number of different stores that carry music, and none of them had it. I ended up just ordering from Maple Music. I'm certainly glad I didn't drive around looking for it.

The HMV near me had it, $16.99 I think.

I however, am awaiting my shipment.

Don't follow the link to Discography, as that doesn't work.  Come back out to Maple Music home page (www.maplemusic.com) and then go to M and scroll down to Matt.

Then click on Music

Then select the new album

Aaaarggghhhh,

I've been checking MM regularly for ages, that process still keeps saying "currently unavailable" for me. I NEED the hard copy.

Anyone know of somewhere else (apart from Indigo - overpriced and it'll take 6-8 weeks to get here!) online that ships to Australia??

HMV, FutureShop, BestBuy all don't ship internationally, and Amazon.ca or Amazon.com don't have it listed at all.

Anyone?

Ta.

Jayson

;)

Forgot it came out so I went online and had a copy saved for my at Best Buy to pick up tomorrow for $12.99

The only gripe I have about it - and I mean only - is the crowd's apparent lack of intelligence. Matt sets them up to sing the bridge in Load Me Up ["Picture yourself....etc..."] and instead they chose to clap along.

Massey Hall is an odd venue for a rock show, so everyone was pretty much sitting down the whole show. Tome Bomb was the first "hit" he played, and then the crowd stood up and then sat down down until Load Me Up. After that, the crowd was really into it.

People of Toronto have an ongoing history of thinking their too cool to stand up and get into a show (one they paid good money for, even). The show at Massey Hall that night was no different. But like I said, it's a much different atmosphere than your typical venue.

I actually thought that it was one of the weakest Matt Good shows that I'd been to, but I think that had something to do with my seats, and the acoustics. The bass was cranked way too loud, and I was all the way at the very top. Listening back to the CD now though, it sounds MUCH tighter and cleaner than I remembered it.

Also, I just wanted to correct that it was EIA when the crowd mics conked out. So when he sings the chorus, it's from a different show.

Now if only he released the recorded copy of the acoustic show at Massey Hall.

Aaaarggghhhh,

I've been checking MM regularly for ages, that process still keeps saying "currently unavailable" for me.  I NEED the hard copy.

Anyone know of somewhere else (apart from Indigo - overpriced and it'll take 6-8 weeks to get here!) online that ships to Australia??

HMV, FutureShop, BestBuy all don't ship internationally, and Amazon.ca or Amazon.com don't have it listed at all.

Anyone?

Ta.

Jayson

;)

www.cdplus.com should be able to take care of you Jason.

I only managed to listen to Champions and A Single Explosion(four times)... amazing, incredible, intense. ASE live is so much more intense than studio. I'll be listening to the rest tonight on the way to the girl's house.

Edited by bishopx

I've yet to hear the CD, still waiting for mine in the mail.

But in regards to Load Me Up, I sang along and so did a few of the people around me. Also I think it was the bassist that motioned for the crowd to stand up, it was the most energetic he was all night.

www.cdplus.com should be able to take care of you Jason.

Unfortunately, I think they also only ship to the US and Canada.

Jason - unless you go with Indigo/Chapters, I think you're stuck until either Amazon.ca or MapleMusic get copies in stock (unless you can find a copy on Ebay). All of the places I can think of only ship to Canada and/or the US (including the US-based "import" stores).

Amazon.ca annoyed the crap out of me. I actually pre-ordered from there (they had the best price at the time). Yesterday, they simply changed the listing to "Currently Unavailable" - no email, no warning, all of the "Shipping on" dates for my order stayed the same. (I assume they just didn't get any in stock.) I cancelled it and reordered with CDPlus.

I have to admit, the bassist isn't the most energetic motherfucker in the world. He hadly moved in Buffalo...and I have to be honest, when I'm on stage, laying down the bottom end, I need to groove. I couldn't handle being that damned still.

I have to admit, the bassist isn't the most energetic motherfucker in the world. He hadly moved in Buffalo...and I have to be honest, when I'm on stage, laying down the bottom end, I need to groove. I couldn't handle being that damned still.

I agree. Dude only showed signs of life a few times when he cracked a couple smiles at Matt during the concert i went to.

Every other moment he looked like his dog just took a shotgun to his entire family & then turned the gun on himself.

Unfortunately, I think they also only ship to the US and Canada.

Jason - unless you go with Indigo/Chapters, I think you're stuck until either Amazon.ca or MapleMusic get copies in stock (unless you can find a copy on Ebay).  All of the places I can think of only ship to Canada and/or the US (including the US-based "import" stores).

Thanks for the suggestion(s).

I tried cdplus.com, and they only do Canada & US...

It looks like unless Maple Music finds a few more CDs, Indigo will be my only option.

Better than a kick in the pants, I suppose!

;)

which one of you fuckers is gonna buy this shit and send it to me? 'cause i am not paying $40 for it. that's insane.

I'm paying over $70 dollars to get it shipped to the UK, which is still less than $2 a track. Worth every cent...

And, as for Milos not moving much...well, that's how he is. I mean, John Entwhistle never moved quick exactly but, hey, what the heck. Besides, Matt more than makes up for any reluctance to jump around on stage. ;) He's still got it...

I'm paying over $70 dollars to get it shipped to the UK, which is still less than $2 a track. Worth every cent...

And, as for Milos not moving much...well, that's how he is. I mean, John Entwhistle never moved quick exactly but, hey, what the heck. Besides, Matt more than makes up for any reluctance to jump around on stage. ;) He's still got it...

good for you. i'm poor and i can't afford to pay that much.

anton, obviously i would reimburse you. i'm sure you have a paypal account, yes?

Mrs. Jesus, www.CDPLUS.com, free shipping...even to the US. I paid $16 for mine.

And yeah Moonlight, he definitely didn't look happy. He was more animated after the show. He was running around smoking cancer sticks, away from the bus.

He's definitely an able musician, just a little lacking in the spark dept.

Entwhistle was just a very obvious presence. Like John Paul Jones, you knew they were there grooving. Entwhistle at least looked like he was into it.

Edited by bishopx