malarky

Live At Massey Hall

Alright I need to get on the pre-order of the limited edition for this...

Maple Music right? What date does that start?

Holy shit this sounds amazing. I need this CD. November 4th? Damn.

Edited by Gomo

I'm pretty sure it'll be at the Nelson CDPlus... Loser Anthems was a limited release and I bought it there. 10,000 is a lot. I don't think they'll sell that fast.

But I'm basing this off the fact that Universal is releasing this... if they're not, then who knows.

Matt confirmed in a comment on the sneak preview blog post that this is a universal release, I think a live album was probably part of the contract.

The end of Champions sounds excellent, I'm not a big fan of the recorded version but I love how he really gets into it at the end live. I also think Black Helicopter sounds great live, the recorded version isn't my favourite song but I really enjoyed it live and again with this recording.

Can't wait for the 12 tracks to go on iTunes next week, I am still somewhat put out by the fact everyone else gets the whole album. I think it will probably just cause a lot of sharing of the last 8 from our american friends anyway, which isn't really the best.

I am pretty sure it has been mastered. Not to mention the edit of Automatic that had to place because Matt let the crowd sing the chorus. It is not like it is a raw recording. With all that said those three tracks sound great. Although I was kind of used to the bootleg quality of the Matt Good fan communtity, these tracks are far superior. Do miss some of the crowd noise though. I guess I just have a soft spot for unpolished live recordings.

this is a direct recording off of the sound boards, i believe. matt stated that it wasn't mastered but there may have been some mixing and re-used audio (cheerleaders).

edit: just listened to the preview tracks, superb!

this is a direct recording off of the sound boards, i believe. matt stated that it wasn't mastered but there may have been some mixing and re-used audio (cheerleaders).

edit: just listened to the preview tracks, superb!

Yeah you are probably right. The EQ on all the soundboards/instruments was defintely mixed, probably just to fix the variance in the volume between them.

Edited by noise_pollution

OH YES, THIS SHALL BE MINE!!!!

K-I-C-K-A-S-S!!!!

I am losing my freaking mind over the awesomeness I have just heard!!!! WAHOO!!!!! I must Preorder this on October 7th!!!

Thanks for the Weapon hookup!!!

THIS IS OFF THE CHAINS OF COOLNESS!!!

Edited by bishopx

yeah, Weapon is amazing. It was the best part of the show I saw and this recording makes me remember why. I remember at one point when the guy was messing around with the guitar sounds, the lights were flashing really fast and I had to look away because it was pretty overwhelming haha.

The only thing that's really bugging me about the recordings is the fact that the bass guitar appears to be really low in the mix, and almost inaudible, and it makes the recordings sound a little thin. Granted, that could because I've been listening with my laptop speakers and not headphones, but dammit! As a bass player I like hearing that stuff.